Cheap last minute weekend Travel-
Airline seats that go out empty are lost revenue to the airlines, that can never be recaptured.
Most domestic airlines offer weekend “FARESAVERS” that allow for outbound travel on Friday night after 7PM or all day Saturday. Return travel is allowed on Mondays or Tuesday.
These fares typically become available on Tuesday or Wednesday one to two weeks prior to travel and are quoted on the airlines own websites as either one ways (requiring rt travel) or round trip. There can be some TERRIFIC BARGAINS found here or some just ordinary fares with date restrictions that may not match your last minute needs.
Most of the airlines allow you to sign up for FREE to receive email alerts for these weekend specials. Go to the airline websites to check them out.
American Airlines Netsavers
United Airlines E-Fares
Northwest Airlines Vacation Packages (combines flight with hotel and/or car)
US Airways E-Saver
Delta Airlines Weekly Web Fare Specials
In Addition a site called: http://us.lastminute.com/ offers last minute deals on flights with hotels and/or car rentals at similar prices to the airlines own website AND they also have flight availability for last minute travel that is much cheaper than calling the airline for that last minute emergency ticket need.
For example: if you need to get to Boston for a weekend funeral and you find out about it Thursday, don’t forget to check http://us.lastminute.com/
At times, you can just ditch the hotel and/or car rental, and still come out dollars ahead.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)