These guys are the marketing gem of the industry. ONE PENNY each way for $9 Club members. Slightly higher for non members. It seems like every week they are giving away flights. I wish I lived in a Spirit City.
ON ANOTHER MATTER:
A couple of posts ago, my comments on the Marriott Rewards program may have seemed less than favorable. I will reassure you that it has nothing to do with customer service. Here is my tale.
I have had two 7 day free night stays in the last two months. The first at the Marriott Waikoloa in Hawaii and my current stay here in St. Thomas. Somehow, someway the Marriott in Hawaii got BOTH of my reward certificates which left me with none for here. I checked in and got a call several hours later saying that I did not have enough ‘”points” in my account, and the rate would be $359 per night. Well I about fell over. I was contacted by guest relations here as the typical courtesy welcome call and I explained my plight. They said they would look into it and I provided information to guest relations here.
In the meantime, I emailed the person that gave me the award certificate as he was on the mainland and he spoke to Marriott Elite services for over 2 hours trying to find my award certificate. They located it in Hawaii, as they did grab two awards, and had it forwarded here to clear up my ever mounting bill.
After all was said and done I contacted Marriott Guest relations to explain what had happened, how embarassing it was and the effort the member on the mainland put in to get it straight.
Marriott did “the next right thing” and awarded me 50K Marriott points for the embarrassment and the member on the mainland that originally gave me the cert, the same consideration for his time and effort.
My point is, it is worthwhile to let people know about your travel problems and in the case,
MARRIOTT CAME THROUGH.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)