If you traveled abroad and used a credit card between February 1, 1996 and November 8, 2006 you are entitled to a refund of part of the transaction fees and currency exchange fees.
The Defendants include Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, Bank of America, Bank One/First USA, Chase, Citibank, MBNA, HSBC/Household, and Washington Mutual/Providian.
There are three options for settlement and claims must be filed by May 2008.
Option #1 the easy claim is for a $25 refund.
Option #2 is 1% of up to $2500 of total credit card spending.
Option #3 provides for 1% to 3% of transacation fees if you can itemize by year your credit card use overseas.
With Katy’s Cruise Nurse job, we took option #2 as we were onboard ship for over 60 days during that time period, but did not keep year by year records.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)