$25 Free for Travelers. The Revolution Money Exchange is a new competitor to Paypal. It is an excellent way to move money around over the internet between yourself and friends and family members while your travelling. They are offering a FREE $25 Sign Up Bonus for new members. My sons have joined so I can get money to them wherever they are or I am. If you would like a referral drop me an email at and I’ll send you one. I get $10 for the referral. This free bonus has just been extended one month.
New Elites Today Although most major airlines count elite qualifying miles on a calendar year basis, the actual period for enjoying airline elite status runs until the end of February. Today there are a lot less elite flyers than yesterday, as the the two month overlap period is over. Your chances for a upgrade to first class get much better today.
“Anatomy of a Trade, or Why am I Renting all These Cars”
My third Budget car rental starts today and I pick up my fourth one tomorrow for a one way to Jacksonville. Only one to go to get my original goal of 5 one days rentals. It is not a big pain, but I have to keep in mind the return time so I don’t get charges for going over 24 hours. I ask myself, why I am I doing this. In moments of clarity I remember.
5 rentals offering 5K miles apiece is costing me $100 a few minutes of time. My immediate reward is 25K Delta Airlines miles. My ultimate reward is being able to trade that Delta award “even up” with someone for a United Airlines System-wide Upgrade. I’ll use that upgrade to travel in Business Class on a lay-flat bed instead of a coach seat, to lets say Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Australia. I can tell you that, flights of more than 4 hours in coach, even if in the exit row, a tough on this old guys body. So if I have a chance to go somewhere half way around the world in comfort instead of agony, that has tremendous value for me. Now I remember why I’m doing this. Thank you for listening to me. I feel much better now. You are very therapeutic.
Let’s see.. I have 3 days per weekend at the cheap rental rates until the promo ends, so that’s 12 more rentals as March has as extra weekend. 12+4 equals 16 divided by 5 equals Three System-wide Upgrades.
Well now, Katy has to get one upgrade for herself and I get one day off. Sounds good to me.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95