The ads you see on the blog and now the website frugaltravelguy.com are from programs I have either used or investigated. The only exception are the Google Adsense ads, as I have little or no control over their ad placement.
I am trying to make this blog pertinent to the rookie frugal traveller and the seasoned pro as well. As I’m sure you have seen, some of the material fits you and some better fits other readers. My goal is to help as many people as possible travel as reasonably as they can. For example Tripology is a website that matches you with 3 travel agents to get you a free starting point for a trip you are planning. I personally don’t use travel agents, but the more timid among us may find the information valuable. Hotwire is another example of a worthwhile site that I seldom use. I am comfortable with the Priceline business model. as an alternative. Others may be more comfortable with the Hotwire program.
And I don’t want to limit the scope to just airplanes, hotels and rental cars. You’ll see I’ve written about Megabus and Amtrak and have ads from HomeExchange.com and VacationHomeRentals. And don’t forget the China Bus on the eastern Seaboard.
But the most intriguing thing I’ve seen in the blogs short 6 month history, is blog readers NOT taking advantage of FREE MONEY ads. The Revolution Money Exchange on the home page of the website and the Ebates rebate program on the blog provide FREE CASH for very little effort. I will only present information I would or have tried myself. Both of these have worked for me. If I at some point I get the feeling you don;’ want to know about them, I’ll quit mentioning them. And all the ads and sponsors, keep the blog and website online.
Someday, when it is a slow travel day, I’ll tell you about our App O Rama that netted us $15,000 plus this last year doing 0% balance transfers with credit cards and we loaded up on frequent flyer miles and hotel sign up bonuses.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)