Combine the netflix offer with a new United Mileage Plus credit card and you’ve got a free domestic round trip for only a few$$. The $4.99 plan per month appears to qualify for the miles. You get 2000 for netflix sign up and 2000 more for using the credit card listed below.
But FIRST, sign up for the United Mileage Plus credit card and spend $250 on the card for 21,000 more miles. The first year fee is waived and you also get a $25 travel certificate which is worthwhile and a 1000 mile upgrade which is very worthless unless you run into a sympathetic gate agent.
WEBSITE CHANGES and the BEST RATE GUARANTEE WEBSITE
I got rid of the goofy looking ads at the top of the web page, but I think we’ll have to change hosts as the blue background takes up too much space. Dave from the Best Rate Guarantee Blog is a computer whiz and helping this website rookie. Give his site a visit to learn about staying at hotels for FREE. He knows his stuff about the triprewards guarantee and more importantly, how to find the hotels. And as a new addition, if you send him your email address, he will give you two hours advance notice of the deals he finds, before posting them online.
It is fun for me to associate others with the same passion and willingness to share. Join us on the road to Frugal Travel.
DELTA/AMEX CARD MULTIPLE TICKET BONUS
Buy multiple tickets with your Amex card at Delta.com and receive a bonus of 1,000 to 5,000 miles. Tickets must be purchased online through Delta and it appears any AMEX card will work.
A FEW MORE TESTS FOR KATY
Last week we ran around getting my bride an MRI on her brain. The saga is not over. There was a finding that requires additional testing. We are off to another bigger and better MRI today. I believe that people working together can accomplish great things and have far more power than we can as individuals. There is not a person in the world that meets Katy that doesn’t instantly fall in love with her. She is a treasure and gift to this world and the medical community.
If you get a second today and can think about Katy Coyle in your thoughts and prayers this frugal guy will appreciate it very much.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95