Here is a little trick I learned from Travelglitch.
In every Entertainment Book you have there is a online coupon for a minimum of $10 savings per night on hotel room nights. And the hotel inventory comes from the same source as Expedia’s inventory.
The minimum is a $20 savings but it can go up to $200 on longer bookings. Here is the rebate schedule:
- Get a $20 rebate with a 2-night booking
- Get a $40 rebate with a 3 or 4-night booking
- Get a $60 rebate with a 5, 6 or 7-night booking
- Get a $100 rebate with an 8 or 9-night booking
- Get a $200 rebate with a 10-night booking
The hotels and rates on the Entertainment website are the same as the hotels and rates on the Expedia.com website… but the Expedia.com website doesn’t provide you the coupon for the additional discount.
To book your room on the Entertainment website and use the online coupon, you only need to purchase an Entertainment book/membership. The books are only $9.99 right now.
Follow these steps:
- Buy the cheapest book available unless, you live a city with its own Entertainment book or you have an upcoming vacation to an Entertainment Book city.
- During the purchase process, you will even get an extra $5 off on the book, plus free shipping on all future Entertainment books if you sign up to receive the book every year.
- After completing your online purchase of the book, go to the “Travel” category of the Entertainment website.
- Click on the “Hotel” link in the left menu. You will be provided a hotel reservation form.
- Use the hotel reservation form to book your hotel room, just like you would do on Expedia.com.
- To apply the online coupon, go back to the Entertainment hotel reservation form as described above. You’ll see a button for “Up to $200 Rebate”. Click on that button to obtain the additional rebate on your reservation. Your rebate will be credited back to your credit card.
It is a fast easy way to save on your hotel costs throughout the year.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49