This is a combination trip for me. I’m adding to my United Elite Qualifying Miles total, visiting the Alamo and Riverwalk in San Antonio and going to St Louis and Washington to see the two newest major league ballparks. The fares were all one ways on United with coupons so no major cash outlay.
I routed San Antonio SAV-ORD-LAX-SAT for a nice chunk. Overnight provided by the Best Rate Guarantee program.
The next day is SAT-ORD-STL in time for the 1:10 PM ballgame. Staying at the Airport Marriott for 10K points compliments of the mix up with my hotel reservation last year in St. Thomas.
Monday is a Southwest flight from STL-MDW-IAD compliments of the CO-Amtrak-Choice-SW bonanza last winter. The game in Washington is in the brand new stadium just opened this year. The room is another Marriott freebie.
Ground transportation is provided by Airport shuttle to San Antonio and the metro in both St Louis and Washington. In Washington I take the Washington Flyer from Dulles to the nearest metro stop.
The trip home is from DCA-JAX again on United Airlines via Chicago of course for miles maximization. From JAX I have a one way Alamo rental back to Hilton Head for $18 plus tax. It will be a good way to wind down form a hectic yet profitable trip.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)