The Hawaii sale lasted until about noon yesterday Eastern Time. I did not hear of many people taking advantage of the sale, but it is sometimes hard on short notice to make up our minds. It is always the fare wars or mistake fares that offer the best pricing. This was a great price to the islands and particularly Kauai as you saved the inter island fare. It may come back in the next day or so from other cities. It happened that way last year with each of the airlines sniping at one another for a day or two.
Katy and I still have referrals available to Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards and the United Mileage Plus Visa Card. If you have thought about joining these programs or getting the credit card, you pick up a few extra points or miles and help the Frugal Guy at the same time.
And if there is a program you would like to join and wouldn’t mind letting me refer you, just send me an email atand I’ll see what referral options are available.
I Had Three Marriott Accounts
I’m just a little spacey at times. I had an old account with a Traverse City address, and account with my current Hilton Head address and low and behold an account I had no idea about with my old Hilton Head address. Finally got it together to combine all three and found a few extra points I didn’t know I had and a 1 to 4 category free night cert. Of course we combined all three into the account with Gold status from the recent Flying Blue promotion
And I thought for sure Katy had two accounts, but we only found one, and one duplicate account I made when signing her up. Shame on me. The Marriott Rewards people were very nice and patient today and I think have things straightened out for now.
Get Paid To……….
This website proposes to pay you daily on any dollar amount for the surveys you complete. And it is payable to your paypal account. I signed up.
I can take numerous referrals, but really only want people that will honestly give it a try and be willing to report back to the blog. Sign up was easy. Click the line above. What the heck??? Let’s try it. There are currently over $7200 of offers available according to the website.
10% Off American Airlines Flights Reusable Code
If you use it and save a few bucks, please let me know. It makes my day when others save based on the information I provide in the blog.
- CODE: AAMOBI10
- Discount: 10% You can fly between the following dates:
- Travel Start Date: 5/1/2008
- You can book your travel between the following dates: Booking Start Date: 5/1/2008
- Booking End Date: 6/6/2008
- From: US48 To: US48 Minimum
- Stay: N/A Maximum Stay: N/A Saturday Night Stay Required:
- No Advanced Purchase: N/A
- Minimum # of Passengers: 1 Maximum # of Passengers: 2
- Fare Class: All Minimum Base Fare: N/A
- Travel End Date: 6/20/2008
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95