Our time in the south is over til next fall as we pack up and head back to Traverse City. We love it here on Hilton Head and if it wasn’t so darn hot and humid, we’d try to stick it out longer. But the warm, but not hot, summer days and cool summer evenings of Traverse City are calling us home. So we are shifting the mailing address, packing up our nomadic life and heading north again. Katy has again drawn the distinct honor of flying home and will spend some time with her son as I trudge along I-77 north to Cleveland then west to Ann Arbor and meet up there.
But travel is not over for us. I ‘m going to Alaska for a couple days and the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas in June. We are trying to arrange to spend some time with Aaron in Aspen during the Aspen Music Festival which he is attending. If we can find a way to get out of Traverse City during the National Cherry Festival we will, And we have the trip to see the Sequoias planned for the end of September on our way back south for the winter.
We live a blessed life, and our glad we can share our adventures and frugal ways with you all.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49