I like this fare for Proper Prior Planners. Three day minimum, good to either Lihue or Honolulu all the way through April 15th of next year. Under $300 round trip on United Airlines. If you are going this summer (fares starts August 20th), fall or winter, you may want to combine this with a cheap fare to Newark from your hometown. And if you are a New Yorker, go visit your friends on the Jersey side.
The Flying Critic Helps in my Quest for 1K
If I thought about the number of hours I invest sometimes in these crazy routing and mileage hunts I may get discouraged. But it is such a puzzle every time I try to find the perfect fit for the current goal or promotion.
Yesterday I got an email offering a suggestion to my current quest. It was a domestic routing using the west coast bounce and heading back east on the outbound before turning around, bouncing around on the west coast again and heading back to NYC. It was a terrific suggestion and I’m working those parameters now. The pricing comes out great at 2.55 cents per EQM and really free, with the vouchers I’ve got, but I’m still trying to tweak it. I have $100 and $75 off coupons I’m trying to use and they (United.bomb) won’t let me use them with the multi city option. (remember I am frugal), and I’d like to redeye one or two of them if I can to cut down on hotel costs. I still have the LGA-ORD-ANC-DEN-LGA itinerary on hold until 11:59 PM tonight.
I’m not whining I promise. I’m frustrated. But the goal is worth the effort, and I really love the challenge. I will keep you advised and thanks again and continued success with your blog.
PS: I wish I could get the EWR-LIH or HNL fare listed above to work, but it doesn’s start until 8/20/08. But check that one out for yourselves.
The fare dropped by $200 to the $300 range. I used a $75 off coupon for $200.50
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)