As much as I love Traverse City, it is very expensive to fly from. I’ve looked at Alaska, Singapore, Sydney and not only are the prices outrageous but upgrades are unavailable. Now as world problems go, this is a non event, but I’m getting a little discouraged. And it has got to be an all or nothing thing. I’m either adding 40K EQ miles or none at all. I can stay right where I am, but would love to have those systemwide upgrades available for next year’s travel. I’ve always been a proponent of proper, prior, planning and this is an example of that philosophy. I don’t even know that I need SWU’s, but want to have them available if I need them.
Europe is out of the price range that makes economic sense and my next target is Hawaii. Let’s see what it has to offer.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)