Maybe I’m getting senile, but I just can’t remember, United Airlines allowing me to volunteer for future segments at my starting point. I’m on the standby list for my first segment today and have volunteered for the ORD-SFO segment and the SFO-ANC segment late tonight. Of course I’m first on both lists which is what I wanted. I’m just hoping if I get the bump I will be credited my original itinerary if they shorten it for the DEQM promotion. We will see how that goes.
June 9th Update
I’m still in Grand Rapids but am on the earlier flight to ORD and will have plenty of time to connect to the 2:04 PM flight to SFO which is way oversold, as is every single flight to SFO this afternoon. So the plan now is to get the Non stop from ORD to ANC bumped up to first class which has 5 seats available and have them credit my original itinerary. Hooray today so far.
And no bump from ORD-SFO and not much hope from SFO to ANC
We finally left SFO at 10:35PM and arrived in Anchorage at 2:25 AM, but the hotel pickup was quick and I don’t leave til 2 PM so lots of time to rest up. Then again, Katy calls me at 6AM. This time zone thing is very confusing to her and occasionally interferes with my sleep pattern.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95