Maybe I’m getting senile, but I just can’t remember, United Airlines allowing me to volunteer for future segments at my starting point. I’m on the standby list for my first segment today and have volunteered for the ORD-SFO segment and the SFO-ANC segment late tonight. Of course I’m first on both lists which is what I wanted. I’m just hoping if I get the bump I will be credited my original itinerary if they shorten it for the DEQM promotion. We will see how that goes.
June 9th Update
I’m still in Grand Rapids but am on the earlier flight to ORD and will have plenty of time to connect to the 2:04 PM flight to SFO which is way oversold, as is every single flight to SFO this afternoon. So the plan now is to get the Non stop from ORD to ANC bumped up to first class which has 5 seats available and have them credit my original itinerary. Hooray today so far.
And no bump from ORD-SFO and not much hope from SFO to ANC
We finally left SFO at 10:35PM and arrived in Anchorage at 2:25 AM, but the hotel pickup was quick and I don’t leave til 2 PM so lots of time to rest up. Then again, Katy calls me at 6AM. This time zone thing is very confusing to her and occasionally interferes with my sleep pattern.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)