I don’t spend much time on rental cars unless it is a super promotion for gathering frequent flyer miles. I just very rarely rent a car. But many of you must appreciate a good rental coupon now and then, just to cut your rental costs. CarRentalSavers.com seems like a good place to start.
Here is what I like:
- It is well laid out
- Easy to read and understand
- Categorizes the discounts and promo codes by rental company
- Gives a brief history and tips for each company
The only thing missing from my perspective is inclusion of affiliations with airlines and hotel programs.
I realize that not everybody loves miles and points, but if they could somehow at least mention which airlines are associated with each company, it would be a time saver. I’m sure you frequent renters know who is lined up with whom, but for us casual guys, sometimes an airline promo can exceed the discount. Enjoy
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49