I don’t spend much time on rental cars unless it is a super promotion for gathering frequent flyer miles. I just very rarely rent a car. But many of you must appreciate a good rental coupon now and then, just to cut your rental costs. CarRentalSavers.com seems like a good place to start.
Here is what I like:
- It is well laid out
- Easy to read and understand
- Categorizes the discounts and promo codes by rental company
- Gives a brief history and tips for each company
The only thing missing from my perspective is inclusion of affiliations with airlines and hotel programs.
I realize that not everybody loves miles and points, but if they could somehow at least mention which airlines are associated with each company, it would be a time saver. I’m sure you frequent renters know who is lined up with whom, but for us casual guys, sometimes an airline promo can exceed the discount. Enjoy
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95