Here is an easy way to pop up your AA balance. If you belong to the rewardsnetwork, make sure you register online to receive emails. With that as a minimum, you can earn double miles on purchases over $50 during thr promo period.
So why not buy a gift card from your favorite restaurant that belongs to the network. There is no limit to its size. You were going to spend the money anyway.
As an elite member I bought a $500 gift card to my favorite Hilton Head Restaurant and collected 10,000 miles during a promo.
Here are the terms and conditions:
Double Helpings Bonus
Earn double AAdvantage® miles on dines of $50 or more Help yourself to seconds…get double miles every time you spend at least $50 at a participating restaurant. And then return for more, because there’s no limit to the AAdvantage® bonus miles you can earn. Go ahead – count the miles, not the calories. And help yourself to another portion of miles!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Register for the Double Helpings Bonus*.
2. Dine out at any participating restaurant by November 30, 2008 and spend $50 or more.
3. Earn twice as many American Airlines AAdvantage® miles on every dine … 6 miles per dollar for Online Members and 10 miles per dollar for VIP Members!
Double Helpings Bonus Terms and Conditions
NOTE: This bonus is open to Online and VIP members only.
You must opt in to receive emails in order to qualify; so make sure you have elected to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program and that you have provided us with a valid, deliverable email address when you register.
*To qualify a dine must be of $50 USD or more (including tax or tip) at a participating restaurant, bar or club after your advance online registration in the Double Helpings Bonus via the link on this page above and by November 30, 2008 during a valid benefit period and which is paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program.
Advance online registration required to participate in the Double Helpings Bonus. There is no limit to how many miles you may earn during this bonus. Offer is combinable with the VIP Rate Your Dine bonus but otherwise not combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by January 30, 2009. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage® account.
Other limitations may apply. Some restaurants offer mileage awards only on certain days of the week, times of the day or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest benefit schedules, visit aa.rewardsnetwork.com.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49