Here is an easy way to pop up your AA balance. If you belong to the rewardsnetwork, make sure you register online to receive emails. With that as a minimum, you can earn double miles on purchases over $50 during thr promo period.
So why not buy a gift card from your favorite restaurant that belongs to the network. There is no limit to its size. You were going to spend the money anyway.
As an elite member I bought a $500 gift card to my favorite Hilton Head Restaurant and collected 10,000 miles during a promo.
Here are the terms and conditions:
Double Helpings Bonus
Earn double AAdvantage® miles on dines of $50 or more Help yourself to seconds…get double miles every time you spend at least $50 at a participating restaurant. And then return for more, because there’s no limit to the AAdvantage® bonus miles you can earn. Go ahead – count the miles, not the calories. And help yourself to another portion of miles!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Register for the Double Helpings Bonus*.
2. Dine out at any participating restaurant by November 30, 2008 and spend $50 or more.
3. Earn twice as many American Airlines AAdvantage® miles on every dine … 6 miles per dollar for Online Members and 10 miles per dollar for VIP Members!
Double Helpings Bonus Terms and Conditions
NOTE: This bonus is open to Online and VIP members only.
You must opt in to receive emails in order to qualify; so make sure you have elected to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program and that you have provided us with a valid, deliverable email address when you register.
*To qualify a dine must be of $50 USD or more (including tax or tip) at a participating restaurant, bar or club after your advance online registration in the Double Helpings Bonus via the link on this page above and by November 30, 2008 during a valid benefit period and which is paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program.
Advance online registration required to participate in the Double Helpings Bonus. There is no limit to how many miles you may earn during this bonus. Offer is combinable with the VIP Rate Your Dine bonus but otherwise not combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by January 30, 2009. Please allow 6-8 weeks for any bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage® account.
Other limitations may apply. Some restaurants offer mileage awards only on certain days of the week, times of the day or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest benefit schedules, visit aa.rewardsnetwork.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95