This one is all over the Internet so expect it to be gone today. American seems to be targeting Continental hubs of Newark and Houston, but the Airfarewatchdog is also showing great fares from Salt Lake City, Atlanta and other Delta hubs.
The best price I’ve found is from Newark at: are you ready? $60 round trip plus taxes.
Use the flexible date search on AA.com and search to BZE (Belize City), Newark is EWR, Houston is IAH and you can find other sale fares at airfarewatchdog.com in their top 50 fares.
Again, if y want to go to Central America, and this place is known for its fishing, check this out today.
And DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE TO BOOK IT or ASK QUESTIONS.
If you can’t find the dates you want online at aa.com using the flexible date search, then skip it and get in on the next deal. Calls to airlines kill great deals.
The best fishing months are later in the spring and summer. The fare appears good until June the best I can tell.
Again the all in price to Belize City on American at aa.com is about $130 from Newark. Also check, Houston and any of the Delta hubs.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49