Gary at View from the Wing Blog likes this one:
FTD in the Shopping and Other Partners Limited Time Offers section. 25 miles per $ + 37.5 miles per $ for the 150% bonus = 62.5 miles per $.
Great deal as long as they count it all as base miles. No gift cards or certificates. And the printing of the offer does not show that any of these miles are bonus miles???
Next is the magazine scam. Do you all remember Valuemags?? What a Gold Mine that one was. This time it is magazineline.com through the Skymiles Shopping Mall. They pay 12 miles per $ so it would total 30 miles after the 150% bonus. They do offer gift certificates without a restriction noted and there is no limited time wording.
The second one magazines.com has the wording for a “limited time only” on the special earnings and no earning on gift cards.
I’d take the safer route with magazineline.com and be sure you are logged in to the Skymiles Shopping Mall.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)