Gary at View from the Wing Blog likes this one:
FTD in the Shopping and Other Partners Limited Time Offers section. 25 miles per $ + 37.5 miles per $ for the 150% bonus = 62.5 miles per $.
Great deal as long as they count it all as base miles. No gift cards or certificates. And the printing of the offer does not show that any of these miles are bonus miles???
Next is the magazine scam. Do you all remember Valuemags?? What a Gold Mine that one was. This time it is magazineline.com through the Skymiles Shopping Mall. They pay 12 miles per $ so it would total 30 miles after the 150% bonus. They do offer gift certificates without a restriction noted and there is no limited time wording.
The second one magazines.com has the wording for a “limited time only” on the special earnings and no earning on gift cards.
I’d take the safer route with magazineline.com and be sure you are logged in to the Skymiles Shopping Mall.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49