Gary at View from the Wing Blog likes this one:
FTD in the Shopping and Other Partners Limited Time Offers section. 25 miles per $ + 37.5 miles per $ for the 150% bonus = 62.5 miles per $.
Great deal as long as they count it all as base miles. No gift cards or certificates. And the printing of the offer does not show that any of these miles are bonus miles???
Next is the magazine scam. Do you all remember Valuemags?? What a Gold Mine that one was. This time it is magazineline.com through the Skymiles Shopping Mall. They pay 12 miles per $ so it would total 30 miles after the 150% bonus. They do offer gift certificates without a restriction noted and there is no limited time wording.
The second one magazines.com has the wording for a “limited time only” on the special earnings and no earning on gift cards.
I’d take the safer route with magazineline.com and be sure you are logged in to the Skymiles Shopping Mall.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95