Some will stand in lines for hours today. Some have voted by absentee ballot. And unfortunately some just don’t give a darn, or think their vote will not make a difference.
Your vote does make a difference. Maybe not in the outcome of this particular election, but more importantly how we are perceived by the world and our politicians.
Are we a people of of apathy and indifference? The world, I’m afraid, is coming to that conclusion. And it seems to me, our own politicians think they can pull the wool over eyes because most of us, just don’t even bother to express our opinion and views.
When we tell the world, “we care”, by all of us exercising our constitutional right to express our opinion, then we win.
The world will know, the pork barrel specialist in Washington will know, we care, and it is time these shenanigans end.
“Of the people, by the people and for the people.”
Do the next right thing, Go Vote
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49