I have no idea why the score dropped at Equifax, and why it has come back to previous levels, so, it is application time again.
My scores and inquiries are as follows:
Transunion 725 19 inquiries, Experian 770 9 inquiries and Equifax 730 and 15 inquiries.
I am staying away from applications that will be checked by Transunion and looking for cards that will be checked by the other two, in particular Experian.
I’ve applied for the Citi AA Platinum Mastercard and Citi AA Platinum Business Visa card. Each offer 25K in miles with no first year fee and have a $750 minimum spend in the first 4 months. I currently have one of each of these cards. Both applications decisions were deferred.
Next was the Delta Gold personal card from American Express, no annual fee first year and 20,000 Delta miles. I will not add the authorized users for 2500 miles each as it is a bad deal for all concerned. Instantly approved for big, and I mean big $2000 line of credit.
Next was the United Business Card with no annual fee and 25,00 miles upfront, with no minimum purchase. This was a mail in offer that I needed to respond by December 1st at sendmethecard.com. There is an invitation # and offer code#. I had to apply by phone and the application was deferred.
I also have an written offer for the Continental Airlines Worldcard for Business that expires on November 19th. I just applied online for the 20K offer as it was easist to do, and again was deferred.
Next I did 3 US Airways cards. Two from Barclays, personal and business and one from Bank of America personal. All offered about 25K in sign up bonus and each had a first year fee, but what the heck, the fee is a lot less than a flight to anywhere from Hilton Head Airport.
I also did two US Airways personal cards for Katybug, one from Barclays and one from Bank of America. They are a week later than the last batch, but maybe the credit markets are so screwed up they won’t even notice the last four inquiries.
I’ll keep you posted on our progress. Last year when I did the mass applications in one day I recall getting more instant approvals. My scores were not quite as high then, but this is a different credit market than a year ago. We’ll see what happens in this tighter credit market.
My buddy Joe has been following my suggestions and his last email indicated 4 approvals and three still pending, so we know they are still giving out credit cards.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)