Ryanair the leading low cost carrier of Europe will announce soon that they will offer flights for around $16 to the US. Of course there will be taxes and fees, but some of this airline’s sales are truly phenomenal and worth keeping your eyes open.
Katy and I have flown them numerous times and although it is the cattle car type of flying, with a charge for everything, if you go with bare bones service the savings are huge.
One of the most bizarre charges is a baggage charge at the time of booking. If you specify that you are checking a bag when you buy a ticket online, you pay a charge for the bag at that time, and give them your bag when you arrive.
If you forget to do that online, and arrive at the airport without having paid the fee, you are then shipped off to another humongous line to pay the baggage charge. We paid the baggage fee when ticketing even though we had carry ons only.
And baggage weight limits are significantly less for Ryanair and other European carriers.
But even with this quirks and others, keep your eyes open for the announcement.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)