Fifty five cents per minute on-board Internet service. I absolutely refused, so had to wait til we got here to Nassau. Sitting on the deck using a free service I picked up from somewhere on the island. We paid 10 cents per minute as a crew member. When you hit a port, you can usually pick up a free signal somewhere.
Anyway, sorry I’m late today, to my early readers and European gang. It is 7:30 AM and we are just pulling in to Nassau on the Bahamas. The itinerary was originally Port Canaveral to Coco Cay to Nassau and then a sea day. When we got to Coco Cay yesterday it was too rough to tender us all in so, we had our sea day yesterday. The remnants of hurricane Palomar. Pool time and the men’s belly flop contest. No, I did not enter, thank you.
This ship is equivalent in size to many of the Holland American ships we used to cruise on, but has many more passengers. Somebody told me 2600 and I can’t believe it. The Monarch of the Seas is an older ship (1991) but has been kept up and upgraded. The actual cost of the cruise was $50 per person plus $40 per person for fuel surcharges. The rest was taxes and fees to a total of $222 each for 4 days. I’ve eaten that much already.
So today it is shopping on the main street and sneaking around Atlantis. A reader just sent me an idea on how to get in without paying the $55 daily pass fee. It is a beautiful facility and can’t wait to go back.
Tomorrow will be Coco Cay and unless something drastic happens, I’ll take my first blog day off in months and will be way late on Friday as we drive north to Hilton Head.
Check out the 90 day ticker on vacations to go and other last minute web sites for cruise bargains. It’s fun being back at sea. Katy and I did the moonlight walk on the Promenade deck last night and a little of that kissing and being grateful stuff. She is having a great time being out of uniform with no responsibilities. I really love my bride.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)