We are applying for 14 credit cards today for sign up bonuses. I’m going to lay out our current scenario for you, before getting the results, to show you can see how easy it is to add to your Frequent Flyer and Hotel award accounts using sign up bonuses.
Katbug’s current credit scores are 727 Transunion, 737 Experian and 743 Equifax.
Mine are slightly higher(why????) 725 Transunion, 772 Experian and 693 Equifax (OOPS)
My inquiries over the last two years are 19 Transunion, 9 Experian and 15 Equifax. Katy’s are about the same.
Last week it was 730+ with Equifax for me. I’d better wait to see what is up.
There is nothing new on my report other than an update by Citicards and I’ve reduced my credit limit with Bank of America. The Equifax score drop makes it worthwhile for me to wait, as the majority of the credit pulls in this round of applications will be with Experian and Equifax.
You can check who will pull your credit report for each application by consulting creditboards.com and then the credit pulls database to see who pulls from which bureau for the state you live in.
More to follow:
I’m going to do Katy’s applications today and started with:
Citi Aadvantage Platinum Select Mastercard which was deferred.
Chase Continental World Mastercard also deferred.
Bank of America US Airways Visa deferred.
Juniper US Airways World Mastercard deferred.
Restaurant.com 80% Off Coupon
The coupon code is SURPRISE for today, tomorrow and Wednesday that gives you 80% off the $25 coupon. The cost is only $2 for a $25 off coupon. Restaurant.com coupons are good for one year from the date of purchase.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95