Here is the latest service enhancement (or maybe we should call it revenue enhancement)… I just can’t imagine paying this price for shipping.
Stop lugging your luggage around. Instead, send it ahead with Door-to-Door Baggage. Purchase this service at united.com and FedEx Express will pick up your baggage from your home or office and ship it directly to your destination.
Or if you prefer, you can drop off your baggage at a FedEx Office location or any other FedEx authorized shipping center. (FedEx Kinko’s is now FedEx Office.)
United is the first airline to save you time and money with this simple and convenient service.
Next-day delivery of your baggage
Convenient online tracking
Available in the 48 contiguous U.S.
Starting at 149.00 USD
Did you catch the: Starting at $149 per bag
My shipping experience is not as extensive as some of yours, I’m sure, but this is a money maker for United and Fed Ex for sure.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49