0% Interest Credit Card Offers May be a Thing of the Past
Although not entirely travel related, I read an article this weekend indicating that the new credit card rules due to go in effect in the future will take away the incentive for the credit card companies to offer 0% balance transfer offers.
I have used those offers for profit in the past by drawing on my credit card balance transfer availability, putting the money in a safe and secure savings account and just making the minimum payments until the 0% expired. Then I’d pay it off. Seems those days are done.
You might still find an offer through the creditcards .com ad in the right hand column. Just navigate to the 0% offers. The key issues are the balance transfer fee (we are looking for a cap)
and a term long enough to recoup the fee and leave a little left over for ourselves.
Of course, it you are less than perfectly disciplined, stay away from this play. The card must be used for the balance transfer only. If you need any help, let me know.
Guinness Book of World Records Poker Tournament
As I’m typing away this Sunday evening I’m playing in the largest poker tournament ever played. 35,000 of us started in this game at 3:30 Eastern time. At present, I’m in 7,159 place out of 25,039 remaining players holding an Ace Queen and just called a raise. Folded and now have the average number of chips. How is it possible that a company in a storefront somewhere in Canada can keep track of 35,000 players from all over the world and the airlines and hotel programs we deal with take 10 to 12 weeks to process our promotion earnings?
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)