All month long, if you transfer 10,000 miles or more, Delta will waive the $30 processing fee. If you need to move miles between friends, family members or anybody else you know to get to round numbers for awards, this is the time to do it.
Here are the details:
Hello Mr. Frugal Travel Guy,
Are you looking for ways to save money this Holiday Season and take a great vacation? Well, December is the perfect time to combine miles from multiple SkyMiles accounts and redeem your next Award Ticket.
Transfer more than 10,000 miles between December 1st and December 31st and we’ll waive the $30 processing fee. That means you only pay $0.01 per mile transferred (plus applicable taxes). What a deal!Visit delta.com/transfermiles today and take advantage of this limited time offer!
Offer Eligibility: Transaction must be completed between December 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008. The $30 processing fee is only waived for transfer transactions of 10,000 miles or more. All other fees still apply.
Transfer Details: Up to 30,000 miles can be transferred in increments of 1,000 miles at a cost of $0.01 per mile. A $30 processing fee applies to each transaction under 10,000 miles. A 5% GST will apply to the $30 processing fee for Canadian residents. The $30 processing fee is only waived when transferring 10,000 miles or more per transaction. A maximum of 300,000 miles can be transferred into any individual SkyMiles account per calendar year. Up to 150,000 miles can be transferred from your account per calendar year. Transfer Miles may only be donated and received by SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have a Total Lifetime Balance greater than zero.
Miscellaneous: Transferred miles do not count towards Medallion® or Million Miler™ status. Mileage transfer transactions are nonrefundable and may take up to 7 days to post to the recipient’s account. Taxes and fees for award travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules.
The sale or barter of miles is prohibited. Offers subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.
© 2008 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95