I have touted these guys before. Here is another example of outstanding customer service.
Katy got an offer to receive 1000 SPG points for switching her wireless phone bill to autopay with her SPG card. Being the points hound I am, I signed her up and cancelled the auto pay with Citibank.
She has a deadline for this promo and when I looked at her T-Mobile account she has a credit of about 1 1/2 months worth.
So I wrote them and indicated we had signed up for their promo and I was concerned that because we had a credit with T-Mobile, the bonus would not post before the end of the Starwood promotion.
Here is a first class response again from Amex:
“Thank you for taking your valuable time to e-mail us. Your association with American Express since 2007 is highly appreciated.
In response to your inquiry, two wireless monthly charges of at least $25 must appear on the Cardmember’s Starwood Preferred GuestÂ® Credit Card statement before April 15, 2009. Not all providers service all markets. Award is dependent upon merchant submitting charges under appropriate merchant code, industry code, and required service or product identifier. Bonus rewards will be credited to Cardmember account 6-8 weeks after the 2nd monthly wireless charge appears on the Starwood Preferred GuestÂ® Credit Card statement.
As a gesture of respect to your relationship with American Express and our commitment for impeccable customer service, I have credited your account for 1,000 Starwood points. These 1,000 Starwood points would be transferred to your Starwood Preferred Guest Membership number with 3-5 business days.
I hope you find this information helpful. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
(I left the signature off intentionally and bolded the statement about impeccable service.)
In the days of corporate downsizing, cutbacks, and economic crisis, these guys continue to amaze me.
They actually believed their customer, did not make excuses, and “did the next right thing“.
I continue to applaud the American Express online service center.
If you are interested in doing business with a first class organization, I still have referrals available for the Starwood Personal and Starwood Business cards. You will get the standard 10K sign up bonus on either card without first year fee. (If you are a big spender on the personal card, I have another link for you).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95