As evidence of the softening International market, United has just put Europe awards on sale for 40,000 miles round trip. Travel must be completed by May 14th and is available to select European cities.
Here is the email I received:
Dear Mr. Frugal Travel Guy
For a limited time, you can redeem just 40,000 miles for an economy-class Saver Award to Europe. That’s 15,000 miles less than usual. Awards are for travel through May 14, 2009.*
For only 40,000 miles, you can plan a spring getaway to any of the cities in Europe that United serves, including:
This special offer is available only when booked online at united.com.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)