It has been a very cold January on Hilton Head and this week is just in time. We flew up from SAV to EWR last night and are taking advantage of the $200.50 EWR-LIH fare that showed up months ago and we booked it on the spot. Free CO tickets got us to Newark and some kind of upgrades have us in First Class all the way so it should go relatively smoothly.
Last nights hotel was the Wyndham by the Newark airport using a hotelclub voucher for $49 off. Our first flight is 6 AM EWR-ORD then ORD-LAX and LAX-LIH arriving at 5:39PM.
I don’t see any bump opportunities but be assured if you are on our flights, you will be competing for the bump if it does show it pretty face.
Our stay is a 7 night stay at the Marriott Beach Resort on an award from a friend that wanted Delta miles during the last transfer bonus thing. Instead of transferring all my DL miles to Katybug and her transferring all her miles to me, I transferred some to my buddy and he paid his own transfer fees. Worked for us.
So its 7 days and nights at a very nice resort and pool complex. Books, maybe a short trip to the North side of the island one day, but basically rest, warm and read.
We are so blessed for the opportunities we get. I hope you will all continue to join us in the land of frugal travel.
Travel Update in Chicago
1 Below Zero. I forgot what that felt like since we moved south for the winter. Wow. Slept all the way to ORD. We had dinner with Aaron at the hotel last night. I kind of shamed him into coming to see dear old Dad before the Knicks game. He is in the audition period waiting to hear about grad school and summer music programs.
The Wyndham airport hotel represents itself as newly renovated. Well kind of. It was nothing special, dark but the room was clean. I would make another Newark hotel choice if I were you. But then again, they did take the coupon.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)