Starting on March 2nd you will receive triple miles on non stop flights from Boston to Los Angeles, San Francisco or San Diego (service starts April 7th to SAN). Do not purchase tickets until after registering to be safe.
Here is the announcement:
Choose American Airlines for your next trip between Boston and Los Angeles, San Francisco, or San Diego**, and you can earn triple AAdvantage miles every time you fly during this promotion – miles that can take you to more than 700 exciting destinations worldwide. In fact, after just three round-trips, you’ll earn enough miles for a free* trip to London!
To qualify for this promotion, just follow these three easy steps:
- Book your trip between March 2, 2009 and May 31, 2009
- Register before your trip using promotion code BOS3X
- Fly between March 2, 2009 and May 31, 2009
* Passenger and/or AAdvantage member is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with award travel.
Award travel to London refers to a MileSAAver® award in Economy Class for travel on American Airlines during the off-peak travel period. Standard AAdvantage award terms and conditions apply.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49