This looks like a decent opportunity to get out of town. Fares as low as $39 and round trip travel is not required. Travel is good through 5/20/09.
London Morning Fog
It is foggy here and so is my brain with the time zone changes. I got upgraded to Biz. Don’t ever be afraid to ask. I slept well, ate well and woke up 15 minutes from Heathrow. I made it through customes in a be=reeze. Nobidy even blinks anymnore about quick turnarounds for miles and points. The immagration guy was very impressed with my fare.
I headed to the Star Alliance lounge for a quick shower, shave etc and breakfast in the lounge.
sitting next to me was a Flyertalk tag from Dave who I met last year while Katy and I were on our way to Hawaii. Dave was doing the same cheapie mileage run but starting in Miami. He is off to his gate early to try for the bump or upgrade on his flight.
I’ll be in the back of the bus on the return as I’ll save my SWU for a real double EQM trip, but with the RTW itin coming up, I’m not going to have much time to cash in. We leave in ten days and it doesn’t end until June 6th. That only leaves 9 days after our RTW to double up.
Ah the turmoils of being a travel junkie.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)