This looks like a decent opportunity to get out of town. Fares as low as $39 and round trip travel is not required. Travel is good through 5/20/09.
London Morning Fog
It is foggy here and so is my brain with the time zone changes. I got upgraded to Biz. Don’t ever be afraid to ask. I slept well, ate well and woke up 15 minutes from Heathrow. I made it through customes in a be=reeze. Nobidy even blinks anymnore about quick turnarounds for miles and points. The immagration guy was very impressed with my fare.
I headed to the Star Alliance lounge for a quick shower, shave etc and breakfast in the lounge.
sitting next to me was a Flyertalk tag from Dave who I met last year while Katy and I were on our way to Hawaii. Dave was doing the same cheapie mileage run but starting in Miami. He is off to his gate early to try for the bump or upgrade on his flight.
I’ll be in the back of the bus on the return as I’ll save my SWU for a real double EQM trip, but with the RTW itin coming up, I’m not going to have much time to cash in. We leave in ten days and it doesn’t end until June 6th. That only leaves 9 days after our RTW to double up.
Ah the turmoils of being a travel junkie.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95