This deal has been around forever but a post on Flyertalk made me take another look at it.
If you open a checking account with Guaranty Bank you get a 2,000 AA sign up bonus. Less important for most is the 1,000 mile additional bonus for a direct deposit every month, It must be $250 a month or more.
The intriguing thing to me, and Guaranty Bank has caught on as well is that with interest rates as low as they are, earning an additional AA mile for every $10 of average daily balance each month may make more sense than the pittance your bank gives you in your checking account. Not that I keep this amount in my checking account but if you did have an average balance $10,000 you would earn 12000 AA miles. At 1.5 cents value per mile each that is $180. Does your checking account pay you anything at all?
And the added benefit for infrequent flyers and miles collectors is as long as you keep a $100 minimum balance, you earn miles every month and your AA balance is safe from expiration.
Give it some thought. It may work for you, and if it does, I’ll gladly refer you and pick up a referral for myself as well.
Here is the link and don’t forget the promo code AR1234567
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95