This deal has been around forever but a post on Flyertalk made me take another look at it.
If you open a checking account with Guaranty Bank you get a 2,000 AA sign up bonus. Less important for most is the 1,000 mile additional bonus for a direct deposit every month, It must be $250 a month or more.
The intriguing thing to me, and Guaranty Bank has caught on as well is that with interest rates as low as they are, earning an additional AA mile for every $10 of average daily balance each month may make more sense than the pittance your bank gives you in your checking account. Not that I keep this amount in my checking account but if you did have an average balance $10,000 you would earn 12000 AA miles. At 1.5 cents value per mile each that is $180. Does your checking account pay you anything at all?
And the added benefit for infrequent flyers and miles collectors is as long as you keep a $100 minimum balance, you earn miles every month and your AA balance is safe from expiration.
Give it some thought. It may work for you, and if it does, I’ll gladly refer you and pick up a referral for myself as well.
Here is the link and don’t forget the promo code AR1234567
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)