The Oneworld desk came up with this layover at Heathrow as they could not get us all the way to Zurich on the same day we flew over from South America. As it turns out, it was meant to be as I was able to commit to an interview with CNN World Business Traveller on current travel conditions, our trip, and whatever else is on their mind. We will be meeting in the Sheraton Skyline Hotel and I’m looking forward to spreading the Frugal Word worldwide.
The reporter pickup up the idea from the Arthur Frommer’s piece of March and wanted my opinions on hotel rewards and availability. As we discussed the topic, the idea of a face to face interview was quite appealing to her. Glad I “rinsed out a few things” in Rio and have my lucky Hawaii shirt “on the ready” It doesn’t match the blue flip flops, but remember, this is a carry on only round the world trip. And after a night in a BA Business Class lay flat seat and shower upon arrival, I’ll be up to the challenge.
Thanks for all your emails and words of support. I hope the trip report and photos are as fun for you as they are for us.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)