I’ve now had my second great meal and it was scrambled eggs and bacon at the train station restaurant. These were without question the best either of us have ever had and a nice size portion. I shook hands with the cook, Andy, and he seemed pleased we liked his artwork.
Our next stop was the vending machine to try for a Bayern Billett or discounted ticket on the train to Salzburg. We were unsuccessful even with the help of a bi-lingual German gal that then pointed us to the DB ticket office.
Again, the travel fairies were with us as the agent we got spoke English, was really conscientious about her work and got us the cheapie ticket to Salzburg (30 Euros for two instead of 50 euros each) She then helped us choose the most economical tickets to Innsbrook, back to Zurich and then a round trip to Interlacken. The price hurt, but not as bad as I thought. For all the travel it was 350 euros for both including the bayern ticket. Yes, it may have been cheaper to get a Swiss Pass but I didn’t, and no I did not get other means of transportation like buses and the trolleys and cable cars. We both realize that this is a first time see what we like trip, and we already know from the photos and tips from Gary at the freefrequentfliermiles.com site that the mountains above Interlacken is the place we want to spend some time at. Next time around, although if time permits we may try to see part of the mountains on our one day tour of the Interlacken area.
The rest of our day will be resting, maybe a swim and just chillin. Two nights ago I woke up not knowing where I was. But it really didn’t matter. The Bug was next to me and we were somewhere in the world watching, learning, seeing and experiencing life and all its beauty.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95