I’ve now had my second great meal and it was scrambled eggs and bacon at the train station restaurant. These were without question the best either of us have ever had and a nice size portion. I shook hands with the cook, Andy, and he seemed pleased we liked his artwork.
Our next stop was the vending machine to try for a Bayern Billett or discounted ticket on the train to Salzburg. We were unsuccessful even with the help of a bi-lingual German gal that then pointed us to the DB ticket office.
Again, the travel fairies were with us as the agent we got spoke English, was really conscientious about her work and got us the cheapie ticket to Salzburg (30 Euros for two instead of 50 euros each) She then helped us choose the most economical tickets to Innsbrook, back to Zurich and then a round trip to Interlacken. The price hurt, but not as bad as I thought. For all the travel it was 350 euros for both including the bayern ticket. Yes, it may have been cheaper to get a Swiss Pass but I didn’t, and no I did not get other means of transportation like buses and the trolleys and cable cars. We both realize that this is a first time see what we like trip, and we already know from the photos and tips from Gary at the freefrequentfliermiles.com site that the mountains above Interlacken is the place we want to spend some time at. Next time around, although if time permits we may try to see part of the mountains on our one day tour of the Interlacken area.
The rest of our day will be resting, maybe a swim and just chillin. Two nights ago I woke up not knowing where I was. But it really didn’t matter. The Bug was next to me and we were somewhere in the world watching, learning, seeing and experiencing life and all its beauty.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)