I was declined for my 9th account, but I feel that I had a good run. I called them, on the supervisor level it was explained to me that the “back office” made a decision not to allow me to fund accounts through a Credit Card and that I will never be permitted to do that in the future… period.
I got about 365,000 Hilton Honors points out of it (my early transactions were in the $15k range = 30k points per month, and my later ones we in the $30k range = 60k points), all and all I averaged out at about 45,000HH/month for 8 months, good run.
I did have a high Credit Card line and never exceeded 80% of the allowed line at any given month with them. I think the tweak of having only 3 accounts max at a time, and payout from a different account that it is being funded to (by transferring to the original account) helped to prolong this for 8 months, but I would imagine it all matter on case-by-case. My score always sat in 740s or 750s, it never jumped around through this whole process
Please feel free to share this success story, I would like to request not to disclose my name….
Everybody has varying success with this technique. This reader got about the same number of accounts approved as I did before getting cut off, and indeed had a great free run of over 365,000 HIlton Honors points.
I really can’t add anything to the story other than: read and study the second paragraph carefully
Congratulations to our Frugal Guy of the Day
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)