I was declined for my 9th account, but I feel that I had a good run. I called them, on the supervisor level it was explained to me that the “back office” made a decision not to allow me to fund accounts through a Credit Card and that I will never be permitted to do that in the future… period.
I got about 365,000 Hilton Honors points out of it (my early transactions were in the $15k range = 30k points per month, and my later ones we in the $30k range = 60k points), all and all I averaged out at about 45,000HH/month for 8 months, good run.
I did have a high Credit Card line and never exceeded 80% of the allowed line at any given month with them. I think the tweak of having only 3 accounts max at a time, and payout from a different account that it is being funded to (by transferring to the original account) helped to prolong this for 8 months, but I would imagine it all matter on case-by-case. My score always sat in 740s or 750s, it never jumped around through this whole process
Please feel free to share this success story, I would like to request not to disclose my name….
Everybody has varying success with this technique. This reader got about the same number of accounts approved as I did before getting cut off, and indeed had a great free run of over 365,000 HIlton Honors points.
I really can’t add anything to the story other than: read and study the second paragraph carefully
Congratulations to our Frugal Guy of the Day
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95