Hilton has added a rewardsnetwork dining program with unimpressive awards. 5 Hilton points per $ just won’t send me off to the restaurant of my choice for dinner.
But that is not to say, that some of you Hilton fanatics should not participate at least to bump your points up to the next award level.
If they figure a way to grant Elite status from this affiliation, then I’m all ears.
Rain in Innsbruck
After a lazy morning and huge breakfast we headed back down to the old section of town so Katybug could see the glass blower in action. No such luck, just a small retail shop with some of his work. We stopped for our new national passtime: Apple Strudel and coffee and took a few photos of the architecture.
The Golden Dome for some reason is a big deal here in Innsbruck. This residence was started in 1400 and completed around 1500. The big deal is the 2657 copper roof tiles comprising the roof. It seems every tourist in town took a picture. I was no exception so I could provide you with the architectural highlight of Innsbruck. Also included is a building across the square with intricate design work. Some of the buildings have beautiful murals painted on their faces and others are adorned with fancy moldings and carvings.
If the weather doesn’t improve in the afternoon, we’ll hang out in the hotel and get ready for tomorrows journey back to Zurich. And then it is on to the Swiss Alps.
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)
Gas & Fuel Purchases