The JW Marriott in Phuket has a buy two get one free rate that is the best deal for our last minute change.
I forgot my Visa card and it takes a Visa to get the rate. My son in Australia does not carry one and Aaron is in Europe cavorting on his own adventure.
If one of our regulars has a Visa card can make the reservation, and pay for it from back home, I can send the money to a paypal account immediately. I WILL NOT NEED TO EVER KNOW YOUR VISA CARD #
Drop me a line if you can give me a hand and we can work out the logistics.
Thank you , all of you for offering to help. One of my original readers has offered to send me a card, security code and expiration date on a card he is dumping next month. As we are 11 hours different from the east coast of the USA, I will try that one first in the morning. For those of you that volunteered to help ( 7 of you in one hours time) I can’t thank you enough. I may call on you if for some reason this does not work out.
Thank you again, each and every reader that thought about it or responded. I hope some day I can help your travel go easier and cheaper.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95