Back In Bangkok
We are back in Bangkok for a day to see the Great Palace and Temple before our 6:10 PM BA flight to Sydney. A friend of mine Stefan book the room for us as a Platinum member of Starwood. We were offered a suite which we declined and instead asked for breakfast coupons. The manager came over to inform us that unless the Platinum member is actually using the room, there are no benefits available. But in our case, as we appear to be the only people here, he gave us the coupons and we took a regular room. Internet is still $20 for the 24 hours.
We will be cabbing it to the Palace in the morning and with late checkout will come back to freshen up and pick up our luggage for the trip to the airport in the early afternoon.
Did you catch the size of the grounds for the American Ambassador to Thailand? Nice duty if you don’t mind the heat.
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)
Gas & Fuel Purchases