Back In Bangkok
We are back in Bangkok for a day to see the Great Palace and Temple before our 6:10 PM BA flight to Sydney. A friend of mine Stefan book the room for us as a Platinum member of Starwood. We were offered a suite which we declined and instead asked for breakfast coupons. The manager came over to inform us that unless the Platinum member is actually using the room, there are no benefits available. But in our case, as we appear to be the only people here, he gave us the coupons and we took a regular room. Internet is still $20 for the 24 hours.
We will be cabbing it to the Palace in the morning and with late checkout will come back to freshen up and pick up our luggage for the trip to the airport in the early afternoon.
Did you catch the size of the grounds for the American Ambassador to Thailand? Nice duty if you don’t mind the heat.
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Within 90 days
Coffee Shops Purchases
Fast Food Purchases
Alcohol & Bars Purchases