But it is the beautiful people of the world that make it a special place. Please meet our friends Thor and Sophat from Siem Reap, Cambodia.
They make our stay here special everyday. Thor, although small in stature, is like the Viking King, a leader of men.
His friend Sophat is the comedian of the pair. He explained to Katy the symbolism of the Cambodian bow. The higher the hands are placed on the body, ie, waist, chin, forehead and top of head, indicates the level of respect.
In my case, the hands are held slightly higher he said because I am an old man. At that point I had to get even and tell him that his name in English meant “So Fat” and pointed to my big belly.
Tonight we are going to see their city and eat local food and drink. The big guy will be riding with Thor and Sophat, the comedian, and Katy will be on the other motorcycle.
We calculated the heat to be 104 degrees plus yesterday. The second photo above will be our vantage point today.
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)
Gas & Fuel Purchases