But it is the beautiful people of the world that make it a special place. Please meet our friends Thor and Sophat from Siem Reap, Cambodia.
They make our stay here special everyday. Thor, although small in stature, is like the Viking King, a leader of men.
His friend Sophat is the comedian of the pair. He explained to Katy the symbolism of the Cambodian bow. The higher the hands are placed on the body, ie, waist, chin, forehead and top of head, indicates the level of respect.
In my case, the hands are held slightly higher he said because I am an old man. At that point I had to get even and tell him that his name in English meant “So Fat” and pointed to my big belly.
Tonight we are going to see their city and eat local food and drink. The big guy will be riding with Thor and Sophat, the comedian, and Katy will be on the other motorcycle.
We calculated the heat to be 104 degrees plus yesterday. The second photo above will be our vantage point today.
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Within 90 days
Coffee Shops Purchases
Fast Food Purchases
Alcohol & Bars Purchases