If you stand in front of the hotel looking at the water and turn right, walk past Duke’s Restaurant and turn the corner uphill towards the bridge. Just before the bridge on the right hand side of the walk is a T shirt souvenir shop, walk straight through it and you ‘ll be at the back of the Hut. Two stories high with a crows nest dining spot upstairs. Walk around to the front and order a local favorite the Loco Moco of rice, egg, hamburg and brown gravy. Or another favorite is the Ono Fish Sandwich, with onion, lettuce, tomato and mayo. Ono is a mild fish and their biggest seller. No need for a tuxedo, tie or even shoes here. Just have a good meal at a reasonable price and enjoy the local show. And of course the ever present chickens.
Vertigo for the Frugal Guy
It started yesterday. Every time I change positions from horizontal to sitting up or standing the room starts spinning. It happened once before while in Seattle, but I attributed that to just getting off a cruise ship after 5 weeks.
For those that have not had the experience it is very unsettling and limiting. Katy has to help me move around and keep me from changing my point of focus too drastically. It is great being married to a nurse. For the next couple days I have to sit by the pool in the shade, handling email, having my meals brought to me, hunting for travel deals.
Somebody has got to do it, right? I just hope it clears before I have to drive home.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)