Ladies: if you are tired of lugging huge packages of paper towel or toilet paper into the house, why not have them delivered to your door? ( have you noticed the husband or significant other is always gone when this chore comes up?)
When Katy and I head south for the winter we always place an order for our sundries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, paper towels, cleaning supplies etc) with drugstore.com and it is delivered right to our door.
Of course some items are overpriced, but there are some bargains as well. In addition they keep track of your previous shopping list so reordering is easy. Free shipping usually starts at $25.
As an added feature you can redeem your airmilesmart points into anybody’s frequent flyer or hotel program account. All you need is their account number and password.
And airmilesmart.com is not just about drugstore.com. Use them for other needed purchases and gift cards as well, and watch your points balance grow.
Katy’s New Citi Platinum Amex is on the Way
Several months ago we cancelled her previous one as we encountered an unsuccessful retention call for a bonus. The renewal was $125 (Not us).
She reapplied last week and just got notice of the approval. First year free, 3 thank you points per $$ on most purchases including US Mint coins and 5 points on select categories. Now the call to increase her credit line “and away we go” for the big coin purchases.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95