Ladies: if you are tired of lugging huge packages of paper towel or toilet paper into the house, why not have them delivered to your door? ( have you noticed the husband or significant other is always gone when this chore comes up?)
When Katy and I head south for the winter we always place an order for our sundries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, paper towels, cleaning supplies etc) with drugstore.com and it is delivered right to our door.
Of course some items are overpriced, but there are some bargains as well. In addition they keep track of your previous shopping list so reordering is easy. Free shipping usually starts at $25.
As an added feature you can redeem your airmilesmart points into anybody’s frequent flyer or hotel program account. All you need is their account number and password.
And airmilesmart.com is not just about drugstore.com. Use them for other needed purchases and gift cards as well, and watch your points balance grow.
Katy’s New Citi Platinum Amex is on the Way
Several months ago we cancelled her previous one as we encountered an unsuccessful retention call for a bonus. The renewal was $125 (Not us).
She reapplied last week and just got notice of the approval. First year free, 3 thank you points per $$ on most purchases including US Mint coins and 5 points on select categories. Now the call to increase her credit line “and away we go” for the big coin purchases.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)