Register now to earn MQM
Dear Mr. Frugal Travel Guy,
Earn your way to Medallion status with the Hilton Family of Hotels. SkyMiles members and Hilton HHonors® members will now receive Medallion® Qualification Miles and double miles when you stay two or more nights at any of more than 3,300 Hilton Family hotels worldwide from July 15, 2009 through October 15, 2009.*
To start earning miles, register for the promotion. Remember to select Delta SkyMiles as your HHonors Double Dip® partner to earn Points & Miles® for your stays. Not an HHonors member? Click here to enroll for free and to register for this offer. Only Hilton HHonors lets you earn hotel points and miles for the same stay and offers hotel rewards with No Blackout Dates.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49