Finally a fee reduction. Here is the letter I got today from United Airlines.
Dear Mr. Frugal Travel Guy,
Beginning July 30, 2009, all members can book a Mileage Plus® Award ticket less than 21 days in advance, and pay no close-in processing fees.
Of course, as a United Global Services® or 1K® member you are still exempt from all award fees. You will continue to have exclusive inventory of United Economy® Saver Award seats reserved solely for your redemption.
We are the first airline to remove the close-in award processing fee to provide even more value for continued loyalty. This is one of the steps we are taking this year to make Mileage Plus the most rewarding loyalty program for our members. Book an award ticket today.
Thank you for your continued loyalty.
Executive Vice President of Marketing
President of Mileage Plus
And the really great news is that the fee has been removed for all members, not just those with Elite Status. Nice move United!
Rick Ingersoll is one of the world’s experts on frugal travel and flying free and the author of The Frugal Travel Guy Handbook. A retired mortgage banker from Traverse City, Michigan, he has retired to Hilton Head Island,... All Articles
| Follow on Google+
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)
Gas & Fuel Purchases