I have sampled the Transunion free trial and now using the Equifax free trial. This is a far superior system as far as a customer understanding the information provided.
Remember, that the credit agency free trial you should use is based primarily on the state you live in and the credit card company you will be applying with. The search feature on the blog should take you to the blog article on Creditboards.com and the forum on credit pulls and the credit pulls database.
My target applications are the Citicards again for American Airlines miles. I will be applying from my winter address in South Carolina and the credit pulls forum indicates that Citi pulls their credit inquiries in South Carolina from Equifax.
Here is a sample of the information provided re: my individual credit score:
The Bottom Line
“A FICO® score of 745 is about average. Most lenders would consider scores in this range as good, and an indication that you are a dependable borrower. Based on your score alone, you might expect the following:
It is very unlikely your applications for credit cards or other loans will be turned down, based on your score alone.
Most lenders will consider offering you very attractive and competitive rates and terms on loans.
Many lenders will be able to provide you with an instant approval status based on your score.”
The service is free for 30 days with a free trial offer. It will be worth your time to learn their system of reporting and see for yourself the things that can and will effect your credit score. I have the “Equifax Credit Watch with 3 in 1 Monitoring with FICO Score” free trial.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)