As I suggested several weeks ago, it was time to try the Hyatt program and I requested a status match based on my current hotel status with Marriott (Gold) and Hilton (Gold). Both of those just happen to be promos I found that got me the status, but I did have 25 nights between the two programs so far this year. (Most were award stays at Marriotts, but who is counting?)
I got a call from Bill at nap time and immediately sprung into my nice polite guy mode. I was rewarded with news that I had an old Hyatt number. I could not use my last Hyatt Priceline stay as they could not find it.
There were some points in that account and they decided to keep my old number (remind me of it) and jack my status up to Diamond for the rest of 2009 and all of 2010 plus the first two months of 2011. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
I immediately logged into my account, created a password, and registered for the 2,500 point bonus per stay for using a Mastercard between now and…?
I fulfilled one of my Ann Arbor DO promises to myself and now just need to have all you Hyatt guys and gals tell me the hot promos going on and how to proceed from here. Then I can pass my experience on to other Hyatt newbies and the “Circle of Life” (ahh) will continue.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you experts and enjoying top tier with Hyatt for the next 17 months. And explain these G1 or F1 whatever they are to me will ya?
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)