As I suggested several weeks ago, it was time to try the Hyatt program and I requested a status match based on my current hotel status with Marriott (Gold) and Hilton (Gold). Both of those just happen to be promos I found that got me the status, but I did have 25 nights between the two programs so far this year. (Most were award stays at Marriotts, but who is counting?)
I got a call from Bill at nap time and immediately sprung into my nice polite guy mode. I was rewarded with news that I had an old Hyatt number. I could not use my last Hyatt Priceline stay as they could not find it.
There were some points in that account and they decided to keep my old number (remind me of it) and jack my status up to Diamond for the rest of 2009 and all of 2010 plus the first two months of 2011. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
I immediately logged into my account, created a password, and registered for the 2,500 point bonus per stay for using a Mastercard between now and…?
I fulfilled one of my Ann Arbor DO promises to myself and now just need to have all you Hyatt guys and gals tell me the hot promos going on and how to proceed from here. Then I can pass my experience on to other Hyatt newbies and the “Circle of Life” (ahh) will continue.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you experts and enjoying top tier with Hyatt for the next 17 months. And explain these G1 or F1 whatever they are to me will ya?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95