“Perfect” would be the best way to describe our day yesterday! We did absolutely nothing but lay on the beach. Low humidity, clouds mixed with sun and a gentle cooling breeze off the Atlantic…. Neither one of us realized how little fun we had in Traverse City this summer. Katy worked too much and I had Mom’s health issues along with us selling two houses to deal with.
We both commented on that being the longest time we can remember sitting at the beach in our lifetime. Katy jumped in, but the yukkies bother me. Seaweed and stuff and the Portuguese Man of War warning sign did not instill great confidence in me. I did manage to fry my tiny little tummy a bright ruby red color. I’d call it medium rare, just pink on the inside, but flame red on the outer edges.
Breakfast this morning at the Fairmont was a low cost affair. Katy had the cold continental breakfast. I indulged in the full fare deal. It came to a paltry $55 with mandatory $15 service charge. I haven’t seen the hotel bill yet, but was told by another guest that they slap a $20 room cleaning bill on each day. They forgot today and I’ll be sure to remind them of that at checkout.
It has been relaxing and worthwhile. I’m glad we came and now ready to move on again.
Our next stop is Hilton Head Island and a new home purchase. At the end of the month we are off to the Pacific Coast Highway and the Padres game and then we’re back to San Francisco for the plane pull at Fleet Week with United Airlines and the Blue Angels. It is turning out to be a beautiful fall for us!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95