“Perfect” would be the best way to describe our day yesterday! We did absolutely nothing but lay on the beach. Low humidity, clouds mixed with sun and a gentle cooling breeze off the Atlantic…. Neither one of us realized how little fun we had in Traverse City this summer. Katy worked too much and I had Mom’s health issues along with us selling two houses to deal with.
We both commented on that being the longest time we can remember sitting at the beach in our lifetime. Katy jumped in, but the yukkies bother me. Seaweed and stuff and the Portuguese Man of War warning sign did not instill great confidence in me. I did manage to fry my tiny little tummy a bright ruby red color. I’d call it medium rare, just pink on the inside, but flame red on the outer edges.
Breakfast this morning at the Fairmont was a low cost affair. Katy had the cold continental breakfast. I indulged in the full fare deal. It came to a paltry $55 with mandatory $15 service charge. I haven’t seen the hotel bill yet, but was told by another guest that they slap a $20 room cleaning bill on each day. They forgot today and I’ll be sure to remind them of that at checkout.
It has been relaxing and worthwhile. I’m glad we came and now ready to move on again.
Our next stop is Hilton Head Island and a new home purchase. At the end of the month we are off to the Pacific Coast Highway and the Padres game and then we’re back to San Francisco for the plane pull at Fleet Week with United Airlines and the Blue Angels. It is turning out to be a beautiful fall for us!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)