You can earn up to 100,000 CO miles through a variety of activities, although it seems heavily waited on expensive activities, but for CO flyers it is probably worthwhile.
For rookies to Continental, it looks like you can pick up 500 miles for joining and signing up for their emails.
Here is the award chart:
Milestones Mileathon Rewards:
- 5 – 500 bonus miles
- 10 – 1,000 bonus miles
- 20 – 2,500 bonus miles
- 30 – 5,000 bonus miles
- 50 – 10,000 bonus miles
- 75 – 15,000 bonus miles
- 100 – 25,000 bonus miles
- 125 – 35,000 bonus miles
- 150 – 50,000 bonus miles
- 175 – 75,000 bonus miles or a $750 Miles for Merchandise gift card*
- 200 – 100,000 bonus miles or a $1,000 Miles for Merchandise gift card*
The first number in each column represents the number of points necessary to earn that many miles.
IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card
- Annual Fee: $49 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Hotel
The IHG Rewards Club Visa is often cited as one of the most underrated hotel credit cards, with good reason. The official offer is for 70,000 points after $1,000 spent within three months, with the first year’s fee waived. The card comes with an annual free night certificate that can be used at any IHG property, including Intercontinental hotels - making this certificate worth upwards of 50,000 points. This is far more generous than some other hotel cards, which limit the categories in which free night certificates can be redeemed.
Cardholders earn 5 points per dollar at IHG hotels; 2 points per dollar at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; 1 point per dollar everywhere else. Moreover, you’ll get a 10% rebate on award redemptions, up to 100,000 points per year. The card also comes with Platinum status, though that doesn’t get you much with IHG. Still, this is a fantastic card to have in your wallet, with benefits that far outweigh the already low $49 annual fee.
- Earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months of account opening
- Enjoy a free night of card membership at over 4,700 hotels worldwide
- Earn 5 points for each $1 spent at our hotels
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants
- Bonus points redeemable at hotels such as Intercontinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn®
- Automatic platinum elite status, as long as you remain a cardmember
- $0 introductory annual fee the first year, then $49