You can earn up to 100,000 CO miles through a variety of activities, although it seems heavily waited on expensive activities, but for CO flyers it is probably worthwhile.
For rookies to Continental, it looks like you can pick up 500 miles for joining and signing up for their emails.
Here is the award chart:
Milestones Mileathon Rewards:
- 5 – 500 bonus miles
- 10 – 1,000 bonus miles
- 20 – 2,500 bonus miles
- 30 – 5,000 bonus miles
- 50 – 10,000 bonus miles
- 75 – 15,000 bonus miles
- 100 – 25,000 bonus miles
- 125 – 35,000 bonus miles
- 150 – 50,000 bonus miles
- 175 – 75,000 bonus miles or a $750 Miles for Merchandise gift card*
- 200 – 100,000 bonus miles or a $1,000 Miles for Merchandise gift card*
The first number in each column represents the number of points necessary to earn that many miles.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95