The merger with Delta will be complete in a very short time, and the opportunity for a status match will soon be over. I sent in my request a couple of days ago for a status match.
This is the same situation we had several months ago when they US Bank Worldperks Visa card was on its way out. I suggested applying as it was soon to be history and you really had nothing to lose.
So take any non-Skyteam status you have, (United, American, US Airways), make a copy of your latest statement along with a cover letter and fax it to 218-254-7567 requesting a comparable level status match.
You can probably even send them a Continental statement indicating that you want to stay with Skyteam as Continental is leaving the alliance to join Star Alliance on October 27, 2009.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)