The merger with Delta will be complete in a very short time, and the opportunity for a status match will soon be over. I sent in my request a couple of days ago for a status match.
This is the same situation we had several months ago when they US Bank Worldperks Visa card was on its way out. I suggested applying as it was soon to be history and you really had nothing to lose.
So take any non-Skyteam status you have, (United, American, US Airways), make a copy of your latest statement along with a cover letter and fax it to 218-254-7567 requesting a comparable level status match.
You can probably even send them a Continental statement indicating that you want to stay with Skyteam as Continental is leaving the alliance to join Star Alliance on October 27, 2009.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95