Spring Fling to Eastern Europe
My son Andrew is my best travel agent and the only one I’ll ever need. The kid (27) has been everywhere!
Katy and I called him last week for an itinerary suggestion for next spring in Eastern Europe. Here is his recommendation:
- Dubrovnik, Croatia 5-6 night
- Ljubljana, Slovenia 3 nights
- Budapest, Hungary 4 nights
- Prague, Czech Republic 4 nights
- Krakow, Poland 4 nights
- Berlin, Germany 5 nights
He has suggested we spend at least one day in each area out in the country so as to not get city-itis which can sometimes leave you without a true feeling for the country.
It sounds like an exciting itinerary and I’m looking for any recent experiences you may have or sights you have seen in these areas. It is all new ground for Katy and I. You’ll note we are starting at the south end and moving northward hopefully with the spring or early summer weather.
I’ve got the hotel search started and have 4 Hiltons, 1 Best Western, and a Sheraton on the short list.
The flights will either be with the last of my United vouchers or an American Airlines Business class award.
Train travel between locals seems to be the order of the day. I can’t wait to start the planning.
Oh, I guess I already have.
Thoughts and comments appreciated.
The Blog is Two Years Old
And I have had so much fun. Not only sharing the deals, but hearing of your successes, meeting you in far away places, and seeing the world at prices we can all afford. This has been a fantastic collective effort.
Thank you all for your participation!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95