Spring Fling to Eastern Europe
My son Andrew is my best travel agent and the only one I’ll ever need. The kid (27) has been everywhere!
Katy and I called him last week for an itinerary suggestion for next spring in Eastern Europe. Here is his recommendation:
- Dubrovnik, Croatia 5-6 night
- Ljubljana, Slovenia 3 nights
- Budapest, Hungary 4 nights
- Prague, Czech Republic 4 nights
- Krakow, Poland 4 nights
- Berlin, Germany 5 nights
He has suggested we spend at least one day in each area out in the country so as to not get city-itis which can sometimes leave you without a true feeling for the country.
It sounds like an exciting itinerary and I’m looking for any recent experiences you may have or sights you have seen in these areas. It is all new ground for Katy and I. You’ll note we are starting at the south end and moving northward hopefully with the spring or early summer weather.
I’ve got the hotel search started and have 4 Hiltons, 1 Best Western, and a Sheraton on the short list.
The flights will either be with the last of my United vouchers or an American Airlines Business class award.
Train travel between locals seems to be the order of the day. I can’t wait to start the planning.
Oh, I guess I already have.
Thoughts and comments appreciated.
The Blog is Two Years Old
And I have had so much fun. Not only sharing the deals, but hearing of your successes, meeting you in far away places, and seeing the world at prices we can all afford. This has been a fantastic collective effort.
Thank you all for your participation!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)