Southwest Airlines Proud to Continue as Official Airline of the Boston Celtics
Celtics Fans Who Enroll in Rapid Rewards Frequent Flyer Program Can Get Up to Eight Credits or 50% of the Way Towards a Free Flight!
DALLAS, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Southwest Airlines and the 17-time NBA Champion Boston Celtics are proud to announce their continued partnership for the 2009-2010 NBA season. With this announcement, Southwest Airlines celebrates a 14-year partnership with one the NBA’s most storied franchises. This sponsorship includes in-arena signage and promotions during all Celtics home games at the TD Garden.
To celebrate this announcement, Southwest Airlines is offering Celtics fans a special Rapid Rewards promotion*. Visit southwest.com/celticsrapidrewards to enroll in Rapid Rewards and get up to eight credits — that’s half way to your first free flight. Offer is valid for new Members only.
Southwest is also pleased to announce that Boston Celtics player Brian Scalabrine, 6’9″ forward, will serve as a Travel Ambassador for the carrier’s newest online feature, the Southwest Airlines Travel Guide. Scalabrine will create a profile on the new Travel Guide and, throughout the season, Brian will write about his travels across the country. Along with Scalabrine’s entries, Customers can check out travel tips and recommendations posted by other Southwest travelers. In addition, for each away game on the schedule fans can click on the Southwest icon to book low-fare trips to most away cities the Celtics visit this season!
For more than 13 years, Southwest Airlines has operated out of the Boston area with service from Providence, RI; Manchester, NH; and most recently, Boston Logan. The airline currently operates 63 daily nonstop flights from the Boston area to nine cities. Last month, Southwest announced the carrier will also begin new nonstop service out of Boston Logan to Denver and St. Louis, and additional flights to Baltimore/Washington in early 2010.
After 38 years of service, Southwest Airlines, the nation’s leading low-fare carrier, continues to stand above other airlines — offering a reliable product with exemplary Customer Service. At Southwest Airlines, bags fly free. Customers can check their first two bags at no extra charge (size and weight limits apply). Southwest is the most productive airline in the sky and offers Customers a comfortable traveling experience with all premium leather seats and plenty of legroom. Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV), the nation’s largest carrier in terms of domestic passengers enplaned, currently serves 67 cities (adding Milwaukee Nov. 1, 2009) in 34 states. Based in Dallas, Southwest currently operates more than 3,200 flights a day and has nearly 35,000 Employees systemwide.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
The Sapphire Preferred offers 2x points on dining and travel, and no foreign transaction fees, making this the go-to card for travelers.
This card accumulates Ultimate Rewards points, which are very valuable for transfer to United and Hyatt. Overall, this card is a great choice for maximizing earnings on dining, travel, and every day spend.
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate RewardsSM
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95