A couple of days ago I got a call from my son Andrew in Sydney. We always have fun on the phone and talk about anything and everything. Jobs, relationships, travel, money, politics, religion, the differences in the two countries and their cultures…
He gave me a great compliment by inviting me to join him for the exploration of his seventh and final continent in December of 2010. He has booked his trip to Antarctica and his quest to see all seven continents by his 30th birthday will be complete.
It was a special feeling to be included. I wish I could have said “yes”, but I’m hesitant at 60 years of age in taking on that trip. It is not so much the travel to South America, but the ride in conditions I may not be able to handle on a ship for the time down, there and back. I know it will be summer then, but would feel awful if I somehow held up the show or compromised the trip for him and others.
I of course will reconsider over the next couple of days, but it was a thrill just to think my son would want me along.
I did volunteer to join him on the Easter Island pre trip as it sounds a little more sedate and comfortable. I hope I can at least make that part of his 7th continent trip come true.
Being a Dad is a special gift. Happy early (or belated) Father’s Day to each and every one of you!
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card
- Annual Fee: $95 fee waived for the first year
- Foreign Fees: No
- Card Type: Bank
- Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening - redeemable for $500 in gift cards, $625 for airfare, or other great rewards.
- Earn 3X ThankYou Points on Travel including Gas, 2X ThankYou Points on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1X ThankYou Points on Other Purchases
- ThankYou® Points are worth 25% more when redeemed for travel through thankyou.com, as compared to gift cards
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited ThankYou Points
- Annual Fee: $95 (fee waived for the first 12 months)